question

flygfw avatar image
flygfw asked

Does PlayFab have an API that can query custom events by SQL?,Does PlayFab has an API that can query custom event?

Hello,

Does PlayFab have an API that can query custom events by SQL?

I wonder if we can use an API to do the same query with the below doc

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/analytics/metrics/real-time-analytics-event-queries

Thank you.

analytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

[Edited]Yes, PlayFab currently supports to customize such Kusto queries, developers can invoke the queries in the scripts. Now PlayFab supports connecting external tools to insights and exporting data. If you are familiar with such external tools or you can get the technical supports from the corresponding service provider, you can use these features flexibly to implement your own data management.

Besides, if it is necessary for you to do event queries via PlayFab native API, you can try to add a feature request for it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

For the information of anyone reading this answer, it begins with the word "no" but the links provided seem to offer exactly what someone asking or finding this question would want. For example, the "connecting to C# "solution (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/insights/connectivity/connecting-kusto-csharp-to-insights), is exactly what I was seeking. I feel like this is more of a "qualified yes" than a "no with a but".

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Max Guernsey, III commented ·

Thanks @Max Guernsey, III, I've informed Sarah to optimize her reply:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.