question

Artur Czapiewski avatar image
Artur Czapiewski asked

How are free Fv2 hours calculated?

From your pricing page I see that free plan have 1500 free Fv2 instance hours, but when I look at azure price sheet I see that there are many Fv2 instance types F2v2, F4v2 etc. Which is actually free? Also is this 1500 hours limit per month or only one time?

limitspricing
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Artur Czapiewski avatar image Artur Czapiewski commented ·

Also, I connected my creditcard and tried to start new server but I don't have Fv2 instances available only Av2 and Dv2 and I can't see any info about how much hours for these instances are free.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

[Edit: Updated as free hours are moving to be core hours - so, for example, a two core machine would consume two core hours per real-world hour.]

The free hours are more clearly stated in the documentation, here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead. As you can see from that, some hours of specific models, in specific regions, are included for free. The free hours are total core hours - meaning a two core machine consumes two core hours per real-world hour, a four core machine consumes four hours, etc.

Also, it is important to note the next item down on that documentation page - that you are limited to the maximum number of simultaneous cores you can have running for a server type.

We've enabled self-serve changes to quota for small core totals, for testing. That way, you can request any server model you need by making the change directly. If you have a need for large numbers of cores (you're about to launch, and expect high user volumes), please open a ticket in the Game Manager (click on the ? in the upper right of any title page in the Game Manager and choose the contact option). If you're in our free tier, feel free to reply here with your title ID and the quota you need.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Do this mean that currently fv2 free instance is unavailable and will be added/fixed in the future? But 100 hours on av2 is currently available?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Artur Czapiewski commented ·

We will have the default updated to include Fv2 for all titles as soon as we can. As I said above, if you need this urgently, you can either open a ticket with our support team or post your title information here and we can get it set up for you.

0 Likes 0 ·

And also I dont have option to start server in EU region, only US. Im on free account.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Artur Czapiewski commented ·

As above, if you need EU West quota, please open a ticket or post your title info here and we can get that configured for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

@Brendan We are planning on launching soon and want to prepare our title E39D6 with Fv2 instances. Currently, our build management page shows that we can only configure Av2 and Dv2 instances. Is it possible to have Fv2 enabled for our title? We are looking to configure EastUs and North Europe if possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.