question

mohammed hayder avatar image
mohammed hayder asked

Some questions about playfab matchmaking

Hello, I've implemented login and matchmaking but i got some questions

1- Where should i add the gamemode ?

2- How i can implement rules so it will be ranked matchmaking

3- In case i started the match and i want to stop getting more players like battle royale mode, what should i do?

apissdksgame managerMatchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mohammed hayder avatar image mohammed hayder commented ·

Hello, Everything is working really cool and as I expected but there are just two things I can't find

first :

as I found out the game mode is working only on legacy servers, not on servers 2.0

so I'm confused, how I can pass the map name to the server or the game mode name

Second:

How I can stop players matchmaking on active match

let's say I got 100 players from 100 and we started the match

then 10 players left the match

I don't want anyone else to join the match until the match ends I will terminate the match.

Any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

>>Where should i add the gamemode ?

Basically you are right, the game mode is a feature of legacy multiplayer service. In the new model, you may implement multiple queues and server builds for different game modes. If you want to conclude all modes in a single server build. You may need additional efforts, because it is not supported for now that let the server build know which queue creates this instance. Feel free to send a feature request on the forum or vote for an existing one.

>> How i can implement rules so it will be ranked matchmaking

Ranking system is complicated because you may consider expanding the search scope if waiting too long in a queue. Create a Difference Rule first, to make sure the tanking is within a specific scope. Because you may configure multiple rules for a queue, you may consider adding more Difference Rules with different weights for better gaming experiences for the players.

>> In case i started the match and i want to stop getting more players like battle royale mode, what should i do?

When a ticket is matched, the matchmaking process has been finished. Unless you create a backfill ticket on purpose, there won’t be any other players that can join the game. Besides, your server build will handle the whole game processes. Simply not offering joining feature after the game is started will do the job.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mohammed hayder avatar image mohammed hayder commented ·

Hello, Thanks a lot for your reply, I already found out how to make the game mode and ranked matchmaking work, and thanks for making things clear about ticket matchmaking

There are a few things I want to ask you about if you don't mind

1- As long as I can't get any more players after the ticket matches I think I have to get a smaller and smaller count of “minimum players” over time

I found this URL

https://community.playfab.com/questions/40246/how-to-maximise-player-count-with-matchmaking-20.html

How I can set this rule in the queue? because its JSON

2- What do you think is the best approach for inviting a friend

The best way I thought about is coding a master server, I spent a lot of time on google, I can code it with node js and socket io but socket io is limited to 2k CCU, I can code it with c# and socket but the problem that it's limited to 65k CCU, PlayFab party is only c++ until now, So you got any idea I can implement invitation system?

and thanks a lot for your time

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ mohammed hayder commented ·

1. You can call SetMatchmakingQueue API to create that queue.

2. Though it is not real-time, but SharedGroupData can meet some requirement. Otherwise, you may implement push notification and get enough information in onMessageReceived function.

0 Likes 0 ·
mohammed hayder avatar image mohammed hayder Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Cool, How i can stop the active servers from playfab dashboard?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.