question

Lenore Gilbert avatar image
Lenore Gilbert asked

Platform type is "Unknown" in Dashboard

Hi!

We are using PlayFab's UE4 integration/plugin on PC/XB1/PS4.

When viewing the Dashboard, the only platform listed in the top-right dropdown is "Unknown".

However, when we look at our logged player_platform_info events, PlatformName is set correctly as expected.

Any ideas what could be causing this? At-a-glance platform statistics would be a huge help.

Warmly,

Lenore

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You are talking about the Platform Filter in this page, Is that correct?

In that case, it’s possible that the Time interval filter you set is too short, which in turn lacks enough data to present the Metrics of each of those platforms aforementioned, please try raising the time interval and see whether they’ll show up in the list.

And, it would be helpful if you can share us your title id so that we can investigate further, thanks!

pic1.jpg (8.2 KiB)
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lenore Gilbert avatar image Lenore Gilbert commented ·

Hi,

Our App ID in this case is DF8C5.

I'm seeing the issue regardless of the time set - with this in mind i tried narrowing it further by adding a country but still have the same results:

Thanks!
Lenore

0 Likes 0 ·
playfab-issue.jpg (24.6 KiB)
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Lenore Gilbert commented ·

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to your title's Trends page:(

And, I checked recent "player_logged_in" events in the Event History section, looks like they are all coming from the "Custom" Platform, which means that the players were using the LoginWithCustomId API to login. As I understand it, you guys are using the custom event "player_platform_info" to identify each player's platforms, however, under the hood, they are all using the same LoginWithCustomId API to login, is that correct? In that case, PlayFab itself won't be able to identify each player's platform based on the custom events created by you guys, that might be the reason why the Platform filter only shows "Unknown".

In order for the Platform filter to show other platforms such as Xbox and PS, you'll need to sign those players in using the LoginWithXbox and LoginWithPSN API respectively.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi,

we are using LoginWithSteam and it still shows "Unknown" is there any solution to this problem?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.