question

kaanoztuzun avatar image
kaanoztuzun asked

Playfab - GameCenter ID on Unreal Engine

Hello!

I'm trying to Login with Game Center on a IOS device but I am having an issue. I am able to login Game Center successfully (Popup shows) but can't login with Game Center because I can't get any id of Game Center on Unreal Engine. Is there any way to get GC ID on Unreal Engine or is there any cloudscript to achieve this?

Thanks!

Kaan Öztüzün

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Unreal Engine 4 natively supports getting Game Center Leaderboard and Game Center Achievement, but it does not support getting the Game Center PlayerId. Please check Unreal Engine’s official documentation for more details of the iOS development in Unreal Engine.

PlayFab CloudScript is unable to access iOS SDK and Apple’s API. We also don’t recommend to call any PlayFab client API on CloudScript. So, such features like signing in the iOS Game Center and getting the Game Center Player Id cannot be implemented using CloudScript.

The possible workaround for your case is to use iOS SDK’s libraries in the Unreal Engine. If so, you can access the native iOS methods according to your need. This thread (Accessing iOS SDK possible?) that from the Unreal official forum can give you some ideas. More advanced questions about compiling iOS SDK’s methods as plugins and using them in Unreal Engine, please navigate to Apple development forum and Unreal official forum for professional supports

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.