question

Nikita Yakovlev avatar image
Nikita Yakovlev asked

Playfab - Start Server and Client connection

Hello! I am trying to integrate Unreal Engine 4 with Playfab. I was able to upload the server build on Playfab. It is in StandBy state and ready to go. How will clients connect to it for the game? How to implement a system to connect to it?

sdksunrealCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> How will clients connect to it for the game?

If you integrate the PlayFab Matchmaking with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, clients can get the server details by calling GetMatch API. Otherwise, clients should call API RequestMultiplayerServer to get the server details which contains the IP address and port number, so clients can connect to the server using these two parameters. These two above API methods would allocate the server sessions that in Stand by state.

>> How to implement a system to connect to it?

You need to design the connection system according to your application scenarios and specific requirements. For more technical questions about UE4, such as how to make a socket client using UE4, please navigate the UE4’s official forum for professional supports.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andrea avatar image
Andrea answered

Hi, how have you solved regarding server upload with UE4? to me it gives "Unhealthy" error. is it possible to have the project files?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.