question

Deekshith avatar image
Deekshith asked

Time taken for prize tables

I have a reward system in my game which will be given after leaderboard resets using prize tables.

I will be excecuting a cloudscript function in prize tables action to give rewards internally. It is important for me to know the when this is completed so that I can call another API(This should be called only after reward is given .i.e cloudscript function has executed from prize table action)

Please let me know the time that it would take to reward 1- 1000 users using prize tables

CloudScriptLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The execution time depends on many factors, there is no specific time that PlayFab can give. You need to test it on your own.

However, if you can track the reward distributing Events, or any other custom Events you have defined in the Cloud Script, you may use Rules feature to trigger the “another” Cloud Script function.

May I ask does your scenario require all the rewards to be given out so that you can run the other functions?

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Deekshith avatar image Deekshith commented ·

How can I use Rules feature here?

Here is the scenario :

After Leaderboard resets prize table will execute a custom cloudscript function.

In this function I'll be setting something in player data for the top 1000 rank players.

I would know when the Leaderboard resets so in client side another cloudscript will be called to that in turn does some operation and returns the data in player data set by prize table custom cloudscript.

So only when the player data is set from prize tables I need to call another cloudscript in client side

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Deekshith commented ·

In the common scenario, we will suggest a "server down for maintenance" when a leaderboard is reset because we have noticed some developers provide the feedback that they will need around 20 minutes to complete the reset when there are around 30k players(this data is also determined by actions the prize table will do, hence it can be various). To do it, simply check the option of "Disable client API access" in [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [API Feature].

0 Likes 0 ·
Deekshith avatar image Deekshith Seth Du ♦ commented ·

- If we leave out prize tables from here, Do we still need 20 minutes to complete the reset process based on total players?

I will be having continuous missions. So when one mission time ends, next will start so players might start updating values to the statistics again.

- "Disable client API access" in [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [API Feature].

Why is this recomended here? Won't it stop the player from using the game completely as many other API will be called and client cannot access any.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.