question

Arthur Amorim Nowakowski avatar image
Arthur Amorim Nowakowski asked

Why playfab don't update the samples?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to fix all the bugs from Playfab latest Unity Authentication Sample, from 2017, in Unity 2019. I'm a big fan of Playfab, but I don't understand why not to have a sample project (up-to-date) covering all the authentication map.(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/authentication/media/tutorials/playfab-anonymous-login-and-recoverable-login.png)

As an indie developer time is money and if I have to decide which Baas service I'm gonna use, I would start with the easiest and up-to-date implementation.

It really bugs me that now I have to stop my game production to solve this issues.

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please understand there isn’t a sample that can contain all the login methods because many 3-rd platform logins exist in the flow chart you have referred. It requires corresponding SDKs, which are not maintained by PlayFab. May I ask which sample and documentation you are referring to?

On the documentation website, we have provided step-by-step tutorials on implementing Facebook, Google and Kongregate, etc. you may refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/authentication/platform-specific-authentication/tutorials

The login method for PlayFab is generally similar, you may refer to Login basics and best practices to get started.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Don Glover avatar image
Don Glover answered

@Arthur Amorim Nowakowski Can you give additional details as to what you were looking for that you did not find?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.