question

Lior Hadashian avatar image
Lior Hadashian asked

Help - 2 Accounts stuck on "being deleted" status

Hello!

I have deleted 2 master players recently, and right now the counter show we have 12 players although in the list there are only 10 accounts.

Whenever i try to log in with the same id of a player that i deleted it says

"The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted."

Please help us solve it.

Lior.

EDIT:

Title id is :

A086D

Account Managementtest
8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tgodfrey avatar image tgodfrey commented ·

Same issue on my account. Deleted master player is stuck in "being deleted" state.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang tgodfrey commented ·

@tgodfrey We will support you in your Service Desk's case.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

@Lior Hadashian Could you please provide your TitleId?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lior Hadashian avatar image Lior Hadashian commented ·

Title id is :

A086D

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Lior Hadashian commented ·

Could you provide the playerIds of players that you deleted, and when did you delete them? Sometimes, there would be several days' delay in deleting players. They would be in the queue of all play accounts that need to be deleted. How long has this "being deleted" situation of them lasted?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lior Hadashian avatar image Lior Hadashian Lior Hadashian commented ·

Sadly i don't remember the exact id's,

but here is the timestamps and event details:

Apr 19, 2020 3:56 PM

raw data: 791c19c7-0390-455a-97db-073f36f2f195

Apr 19, 2020 2:52 PM

raw data: cefa8c85-41df-4980-b4d3-93a8abb8de20

One was created with a steamId, the other CustomId.

Please let me know if you need any other details.

0 Likes 0 ·

Title id is :

A086D

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Lior Hadashian commented ·

Thanks for the reply, we will try to investigate it.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We can find several records of title_deleted_master_player in your Event History. Their timestamps are in the most recent week.

Deleting the player (whether via the button or the API call) queues the player account for deletion. It may take some time before all player data is fully deleted. Until the player data is fully deleted, attempts to recreate the player with the same user account in the same title will fail with the 'AccountDeleted' error. For more details, please see this section DeleteMasterPlayerAccountRequest.
So, the "being deleted" error means that the player account is in the queue for deletion, but has not yet been deleted. That queue takes a variable amount of time to complete, depending on how many players have been added to it recently and how much work needs to be done to clear that data. Please bear in mind that this is not a queue solely for your title - it is a queue for all titles. So, for example, if someone chose to delete a title that had many players, that could introduce a significant delay in the queue. In order to make sure we are fully compliant with GDPR (and other privacy requirements), we have a maximum SLA of 28 days for deletion.

I'd suggest waiting a little longer. And before deleting an account, you can unlink the credentials first. This will prevent the "AccountDeleted" error, and you can then immediately re-use the login credentials.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks you for your replay.

From past experience removing an account did not take more then 5 minutes at worst,

I will unlink the credentials next time.

I'll wait a little longer and if nothing will change i'll let you know.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.