question

Martin Grigorov avatar image
Martin Grigorov asked

How to get contents from DropTable trough Client API?

Hello,

I am making a Case system in our game and I've setup the Cases as Container items in Playfab with a Drop Table in the Container. My problem is that I've searched everywhere but I cannot find how to retrieve the contents (item IDs) and the odds of the Drop Table trough the Client API in our game. I even cannot find the answer how to do that using the Cloud Script. Can you please tell me how to do that or what is the best approach to get such data if it's done with something else not just drop tables.

Thank you!

CloudScriptIn-Game Economy
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin Grigorov avatar image Martin Grigorov commented ·

I wanted to clear out that I need this information so I can represent the possible items in the Case and what are the odds to get them.

1 Like 1 ·
Good Guy avatar image Good Guy Martin Grigorov commented ·

A very reasonable use case too, considering it's an Apple App store rule to disclose such things.

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin Grigorov avatar image Martin Grigorov Good Guy commented ·

I added it as a CustomData in the container itself, so not to do unnecessary calls to the CloudScript.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

The Server API GetRandomResultTables retrieves the config info for the specified tables, including all ItemId values and weights for you to evaluate the odds to get each items. Currently there is no such Client API for this, hence you’ll need to do it from the CloudScript (server-side).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.