question

countinglampposts avatar image
countinglampposts asked

Accessing the history of a character's statistics

I am currently using characters as a way to have multiple sub accounts for a user. One of the features necessary is to be able to review the history of a character's statistics. Though this is easy to do on the player level using GetPlayerStatistics(), this doesn't seem to be supported with GetCharacterStatistics(). This method instead seems to return a dictionary of that character's current statistics without any means of accessing the history of the statistics.

Is there something I am missing here? Is this just not supported? Is there any means of accessing the history of a character's statistics?

Leaderboards and StatisticsCharacter DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Do you mean you want to check the history versions of Characters’ statistic? Currently, Playfab does not support history versions management for Character statistics. You can try to store the previous character’s statistics in character read only data on your ownbefore you update the statistic. Or you can try to add a feature request to request a feature about reviewing historical versions of character statistics.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

countinglampposts avatar image countinglampposts commented ·

Thanks Sarah for the response. Well that's a crying shame. So if I want to utilize character leaderboards, I can't have history versions? If anyone is curious, this is the hacky solution I am using for now:

First I save the stat to the character stats so I can utilize the leaderboards.

Then I save the stat again to the player stats using a stat id appended with the character id. This stat will be used to track history versions.

It ain't pretty but it works.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.