question

Arthur Amorim Nowakowski avatar image
Arthur Amorim Nowakowski asked

Friends facebook don't show up

Hi,

I login my users only with facebook, when I was in development mode my test users were getting everything right, but once I turned my facebook into production mode whenever a new user login with facebook doesn't gather the friend list in playfab.

I already checked the permissions to have "user_friends" when logging in, I checked the players in playfab and they are all linked to the facebook account, I requested and got approved on facebook to use the user_friend feature.

But, when I tested the facebook request in the facebook developer website I got only my test users friends, even though I have a bunch of other users that are my friend on facebook and are playing the game. Those other users (not test users) never show up.

I have no idea what else can I do, do you guys have any idea?

Leaderboards and StatisticsFriends
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you can get everything right in the facebook development mode, theoretically, you should have integrated the Facebook with PlayFab successfully. Since your question occurs when the development mode is switched to live mode. We tried to check the facebook development docs, it looks like App Review is a possible reason that causes the application to lose access to previously approved permissions and features temporarily.

You can try to follow these steps for troubleshooting.

1. You have completed business or individual verification before you test your app in Live mode.

2. You have set the proper profile preference on Facebook, and allow exposing friends list to the public.

3. Make sure the access token is valid. (If the access token from Facebook has expired, it won’t be able to display Facebook friend list on PlayFab side via PlayFab API. )

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.