question

Ajjo avatar image
Ajjo asked

No notification for iOS Push notification

Managed to get the Android push notification work fine and it works great whether the app is active or not. But I have not had much success in getting the notification working on iOS. I followed the steps mentioned in (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/push-notifications/push-notifications-for-ios) and created a test app.

I am able to see the notifications for a given player, but on clicking 'Send push notification', nothing happens in the device. When the app is closed (not uninstalled), I don't see anything in the notification center either. What could be wrong?

Is the documentation missing a step? I am able to see the registration successful message too which indicates that it is setup fine. I also see the Push Notification capability is enabled. Any suggestions? Please not that I did not use the SetupNotification API in both Android and iOS. I used the game manager -> Push Notification UI to do the required setup.

Push Notifications
12 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Can you share your title id, id(s) of the player(s) that you pushed IOS notification to, name of the template that you used.

0 Likes 0 ·
dejarajs avatar image dejarajs Citrus Yan commented ·

title: 4028, pid: 180D59CE310C6FC4, template: test

0 Likes 0 ·
dejarajs avatar image dejarajs dejarajs commented ·

I tried a simple project with only the crashlytics package imported and the google-info.plist file (removed the firebase messaging package) and still see the issue happening. Seems to work only when the app is active or in the background (with Background Modes capability enabled). I still don't see the notifications coming through.

0 Likes 0 ·
dejarajs avatar image dejarajs commented ·

Any update on this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Registration is successful, able to see the link in the dashboard but push notification does not come to the device even though I see a green tick next to the button. Really annoying!

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com dejarajs commented ·

How are you putting the application on your device? Is it Xcode or Testflight? Also what type of push certificate are you using? Is it production or sandbox?

0 Likes 0 ·
dejarajs avatar image dejarajs brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

This is XCode. I selected the Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) certificate.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@dejarajs I suspect it’s because you’re using a development certificate and not a production certificate. You can read more about the issue here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/31610812

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok. Thanks @Brandon Phillips.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com dejarajs commented ·

Let me know if you get it working!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ajjo avatar image Ajjo brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Hello, did not realize that I did not update this. Yes, it works with a production certificate. That was the missing link. Thanks @Brandon Phillips

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.