question

Levet Jérôme avatar image
Levet Jérôme asked

Nintendo Switch Login

Hello there,

I'm using Unity 2019.3, with PlayFab SDK 2.78.191121.
I'm currently working on a title that will be released on PS4/XboxOne/Nintendo Switch, and probably on the PS/Xbox next gen too in the future.

I'm wondering how to Sign In on Nintendo Switch. I'm only seeing on the SDK this LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId method, which is, obviously, not usable in a real case scenario where users have to retrieve their accounts when playing the game on another Nintendo Switch being logged to the same Nintendo Account.

Is there a way to do that? If we need to Login through customID, which Nintendo ID should i use and what do we need to ensure?

Cheers,
Jérôme L.

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

A player account can be linked with multiple identities for login. LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId or any other login APIs related to Device ID, customer ID will be considered as non-recoverable login methods and should be used for anonymous/silent login only. The thing is players should also add recoverable methods to their account via linking more identities to their account. For example, Google account, Facebook account, an Email/Username and password match. You may look for link related API on the documentation, for example, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/linkfacebookaccount?view=playfab-rest.

Specially in Nintendo Switch account login, as long as you keep a ID or username that goes with the login of Nintendo Switch Account and is not exposed to any other players, you can used it (I believe Nintendo Switch Network ID should work fine, but you may refer to Nintendo official documentation). And one work around solution is that you may call LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId API but store the Network ID as the value of NintendoSwitchDeviceId

Moreover, please also refer the official tutorial: Login basics and best practices.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.