question

Jordan Douglas avatar image
Jordan Douglas asked

How to handle changes to a large number of users,Handling large batch operations

I am considering moving some of my operations over to Playfab but it isn't clear to me how to keep my server in sync with Playfab.

I have some events related to real world events.

My operators update the system when a real world event happens.
For example - will it rain today
40,000 users answer yes
60,000 users answer no

Operator sets the answer, yes it rained today.

I now need to update 100,000 users to put them in the right segment.
Is this something I could do with Playfab or do I need client systems to act independently (client, updates its own segmentation data with the playfab server when it becomes aware that it rained today)

I am considering moving some of my operations over to Playfab but it isn't clear to me how to keep my server in sync with Playfab.

I have some events related to real world events.

My operators update the system when a real world event happens.
For example - will it rain today
40,000 users answer yes
60,000 users answer no

Operator sets the answer, yes it rained today.

I now need to update 100,000 users to put them in the right segment.
Is this something I could do with Playfab or do I need client systems to act independently (client, updates its own segmentation data with the playfab server when it becomes aware that it rained today)

sdksdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Looks like this is your original use case, please correct me if I mistook something:

1. Users ( Client-side ) send their answers to your server.
  2. The server (Operators) sets the right answer.
  3. The server put the users into right/wrong segment by comparing their answers to the right answer set by the operator.

Now you want to keep your server data in sync with PlayFab, in this case, the data of users’ answers. If that’s the case, it’s suggested that you use client systems to act independently, have the clients ( users ) call SetObjects to set their answers into their own entity profile, and have the server call GetProfiles to retrieve users’ answers in batch, then perform following operations.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.