question

leonard-hansing avatar image
leonard-hansing asked

Servers not starting

I am trying to implement matchmaking into my game. I have setup the queue to allocate servers. The build is in deployed state. There should be no standby servers (During development).

Now I have tried multiple times to find a match with wait times of 30 minutes but it is always stuck at WaitingForServer.

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

You need to have servers in StandBy, otherwise they will never be allocated

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leonard-hansing avatar image leonard-hansing commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com leonard-hansing commented ·

Yes, as I understand it, unless you want to add some Admin/Multiplayer API code to your client and have the client wait 10-30 mins for the server to be built and allocated, you'll want to have at least 1 StandBy server. According to SethDu:

"If the number of stand-by server is 0, you cannot call API like RequestMultiplayerServer (I think it is by design), you have to call UpdateBuildRegions to add some. You are not able to do any multiplayer things unless the server is ready and one way to get server state is keeping sending requests until success callback is received, which sounds like a bad idea because starting a server takes so long."

0 Likes 0 ·
leonard-hansing avatar image leonard-hansing brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Alright, thank you for your support!

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.