question

Lewis Herbert avatar image
Lewis Herbert asked

Where do I find email verification status via blueprints?

Ive followed the tutorial and made it so it send a verification email so I can verify accounts.

All works as intended,cbut now I want to make it so you can login until your verified. I know how to do this, but I don't know how to find the verification status for the player, how do I find it using unreal blueprints?

Thanks.

Player DataAccount Managementunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To get the verification status of Contact email, you can make use of GetPlayerProfile API. Client APIs cannot be called before a successful login meanwhile it is also not feasible to allow server API in the game clients. Hence, it is not practicable to verify the email verification status before the login. But in terms of simply checking it, here is an example:

1. Refer to the official API documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/getplayerprofile?view=playfab-rest#getplayerprofileresult
  2. Create a PlayFab JSON object for ProfileConstraints
  3. Craft request for GetPlayerProfile
  4. Retrieve status via Get Field function (the structure of the object will follow GetPlayerProfileResult)

There is similar case on the community forum, you may refer to: https://community.playfab.com/questions/33816/verification-status-through-api-call.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lewis Herbert avatar image
Lewis Herbert answered

I sorted it last night, thanks for your answer thought, I couldn't find the data in ContactEmailAddresses but I didn't realize it was an array, once I called the it as an array and used get field it worked.

Thanks anyway!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.