question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

LinkAndroidDeviceID Login with Email Address at a later stage

Hi, I have created a game in which I have used LoginWithAndroidDeviceID for Android device and LoginWithIOSDeviceID in case of iOS device.

The reason I created this login in my game is to create a seemless login approach but in order to keep my users access their saved data on any device I want them to enter their email addresses at a later stage (after playing game 3 to 5 times)

How can I link their deviceID accounts to their email accounts? I tried using this LoginWithEmailAddress request but it gives an error "Account not found!"

Is there any special parameter I have to pass using this request which will point it to the deviceID account and then links it with it? OR Is there something I'm missing?

I have found couple of posts regarding this query but they weren't much of help for me that's why I have created another post with as much detail as possible. Thank you!

Account ManagementAuthentication
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@Citrus Yan @Brendan Can you please guide me ASAP as I have a client waiting who needs it done ASA. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

@SethDu Can you please guide me ASAP as I have a client waiting who needs it done ASAP. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Players can login into their accounts to call AddUsernamePassword to add it. Either username and email adress is available in this API.

LoginWithEmailAddress is an API for login, which is like LoginWithAndroidDeviceID. It cannot be used for linking accounts.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Will they be able to use LoginWithEmailAddress after adding Username/EmailAddress to their deviceID account?

Because I want them to be able to login from another device if they want to.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Yes, of course they can. As after doing that, both email and device ID will be the identities for login. You may refer to my replies in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/31436/linking-accounts-does-not-update-stats.html. (Even though the email and password will be stored in the Master Player Account field instead of Identities in the Game Manager).

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@SethDu Alright thank you I will try and keep this post updated to let you know if the problem is resolved or not.

0 Likes 0 ·