question

David Zhang avatar image
David Zhang asked

entity_catalog_item_created play stream event doesn't work

Hi All,

I have a question about using PlayStream Event.

My situation is I tried to trigger entity_catalog_item_created PlayStream event to execute my custom cloud script when adding a new item into Primary Catalog.

I setup a Rule in Automation tag and point entity_catalog_item_created event to my custom cloud script handler.

But when I create a new item, it seems nothing happened.

Just wondering if this event(entity_catalog_item_created) can be used or did I do something wrong?

Thanks

CloudScriptPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

The first thing is, currently the entity event types are in private preview. If we are not a Pro and Enterprise tier and do not access the private preview, it can only trigger the title_catalog_updated event type, it can't trigger the entity_catalog_item_created event.

About your question, we can give the following summary.

1. "entity_catalog_item_created" is currently not supported. Our new PlayStream event model reference doesn't contain this event model. You can click here to check it. Other entity event types are currently not supported for customers who do not access private preview.

2. After testing, a rule that triggers on a non-player event isn't supported currently. We will inform our team to investigate it. Thank you for feedback. Currently, you can set a rule that triggers on a player event, or post a custom event on the player (WritePlayerEvent) that you can use to run a rule against.

In addition, you can check the doc Actions and rules quickstart and search the keyword "action rules" in the forum for more info.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Santiago Medina Chaverra avatar image Santiago Medina Chaverra commented ·

Hello, sorry to bump this post. Currently in our game we are trying to capture "entity_catalog_item_created event" so we can keep track of the items added to the catalog. According to what Sarah said in the post the "entity_catalog_item_created event" is not supported. Is the another way to keep track of the events related to the catalog, like adding or deleting items from the catalog. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.