question

Hibnu Hishath avatar image
Hibnu Hishath asked

How to create a system that logins with email address and 4-digit verification code?

I wish to create a system where as soon as the player enters his/her email address an OTP is generated by the game that is sent to that email with a 4-digit verification code. Once this OTP is entered the player can log in. I wish this to be the primary method of logging in.

I looked into creating custom emails but I have no idea how to send $otpGeneratedByGame$ to this email.

AuthenticationContent
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, as far as I am aware, PlayFab Emails System is not designed to do such kind of work. In order to use variables you need access to the entity of player, event, etc. Moreover, let’s say you managed a way to send the OTP to the player’s email, then how will you be able to log into PlayFab since PlayFab does not provide such an authentication approach. I think you may need to set up a verification system aside from PlayFab and use OpenId login.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

digitalmkt avatar image
digitalmkt answered

I'm using Firebase auth with phone sms verification code.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.