question

rahul-1 avatar image
rahul-1 asked

Ureal Engine Server travel disconnects playfab

I have successfully integrated playfab with my UE4 project where my dedicated server is hosted on playfab, I can connect my client to server, works fine all players come to lobby and replication works fine.
But as soon as I make a ServerTravel all clients disconnects and crashes except only one who reaches to the new map

What I have done -

I have integrated GSDK using this info have created a component in server game mode which a cpp component class which calls

1. Microsoft::Azure::Gaming::GSDK::start();
  2. Microsoft::Azure::Gaming::GSDK::registerHealthCallback([]{returntrue;});

This enables my clients to connect to server

However when I do servertravel my map changes to a new one and so does the server game mode, so in my new game mode I call this above mention code again but this also does not resolves my issue.

sdksunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'm not familiar with Unreal Engine. But in my understanding, we should only call "Microsoft::Azure::Gaming::GSDK::start();" once in the whole lifetime of the server executable. So you can try to put above code from your GameMode into somewhere that won't be destroyed when switching maps.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.