question

Ronald van den Berg avatar image
Ronald van den Berg asked

[BUG Report] Unity Editor Extension menu

I'm trying to add PlayFab to my Unity project, but I only run into errors and crashes :(

This is what i do:

1. Open my Unity project

2. Download PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage

3. Double-click PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage

4. Press Import in the window that pops up in Unity

So far so good, but now the problems start:

5. After create an account and download the SDK, the installation gives me the following error:

Also, when i move around the PlayFab extensions menu in Unity, it "disappears" and i see a black square instead -- something seems wrong with the GUI. I already had this problem before i tried installing the SDK.

6. After hitting "Install" again, it finishes without error ("PlayFab SDK Install: Complete"), however, the PlayFab window doesn't refresh and keeps saying "No SDK Installed"

7. When i restart Unity, i can login in the PlayFab menu, but now it tells me "Updrade to 2.70.190717".

8. When i hit that button, it installs and i get "PlayFab SDK Install: complete", but the GUI again doesn't refresh -- it keeps telling me to upgrade.

9. When i restart unity once again, i just get the same window

Since this just felt bad, i went back to the backup version that i made right before installing PlayFab and redid the process, but with the exact same errors and issues.

I guess i could still go ahead and start using PlayFab (despite the Updrade button not going away), but this being my first experience with it, i'm a little concerned about its stability.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to get an install without issues and experiences regarding stability of this package... Thanks!

playfaberror.png (46.4 KiB)
playfaberror.png (27.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

The older version is generally still stable to work with; typically the only time it would cause a problem is if you know that a new fix or feature was added that your project depends on. This is caused by an issue where the Unity package that is used to update the SDK via the editor, which is generated from the Unity SDK Github, is not always updated to the most recent version of the SDK itself.

You can either wait until the package is updated to the most recent SDK version or if you specifically need the most recent version you can manually copy the newest version of the SDK into your project from here: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/tree/master/Source

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ronald van den Berg avatar image Ronald van den Berg commented ·

Thanks for this informative reply!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.