question

Rafael Souza avatar image
Rafael Souza asked

Cloud saving user data

Hello, I've been saving my users data with Player Data by using 1 key/value for each variable I need, wich is how it works with PlayerPrefs in unity, But the main problem with that is cases where users buy something, the money variable is updated to playfab, they closes and clear the game data(by uninstalling or whatever) and the other variables are left out of sync, if the user tries to recover his account from playfab he would be with wrong values.

So, could I just save everything inside just one key? is there a limit for the value? or maybe there is other way to do it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If you are using Player Data to store the required information, I believe you can store values in JSON format so that only one key is needed to retrieve it (you may need to stringify it when using strong typed language). The value size limitation varies according to the subscription tier and if you are a Essential Tier user, it should be 10,000 bytes in total and you may check it on [Game Manager] ->[Settings] ->[Limits] -> [Data Storage].

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.