question

Pat Russell avatar image
Pat Russell asked

How to calculate screen time using Snowflake data?

I can see that average screen time / session length metrics are available in the PlayFab analytics app, but I can't see specific session start/length/finish event items in the data when it gets to Snowflake.

I've started building a query to compare the timestamp of the last event by an entity to that entity's previous login timestamp, but I wondered if there was a better way of doing it?

dataanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab has natively-supported focus time tracking feature. I am not sure what SDK/Platform you are using but if it is Unity SDK, you may navigate to [PlayFab Editor extension] -> [Settings] ->[API] ->[check Enable Entity API]. By doing that, there will be focus change events generating in PlayStream Monitor.

Currently this feature is only available in Unity SDK, while you may implement it in your project according to the codes in ScreenTimeTracker.cs files in Unity SDK and you can also directly view it on our official repo: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/blob/b363ef78ca779358af2ad96cf53d038c5d8660c4/Source/PlayFabSDK/Entity/ScreenTimeTracker.cs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.