question

Stefan Geerinckx avatar image
Stefan Geerinckx asked

What's the Title Shared Secret in the GetTitlePublicKey Request (unreal engine 4)

Hi, I'm trying to setup a simple login to playfab with Steam account but I get an error message when trying to do GetTitlePublicKey. The error is "InvalidSharedSecret". In the Request for GetTitlePublicKey I fill in my shared secret from the website at Settings -> Secret Keys. But this appears to be invalid...

What's wrong here?

unreal
playfaberror.png (376.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Title Shared Secret is not Secret Key. If you want to get TitleSharedSecret, you can call Admin/CreatePlayerSharedSecret API to create the player shared secret. It’s the TitleSharedSecret that you need. You also can call Admin/ GetPlayerSharedSecrets to get them after you created them.

And we need supplement it we don’t suggest you use Secret Key and admin/server APIs in the clients. Secret Key and admin API should be used in custom servers. And as far as I know, logging in with steam does not need to use these APIs. If you use UE4 Engine to create a server program please ignore.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.