question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Could not find RSA key text in PEM file

I want to upload my PEM file to enable push notifications but I get this error message: Could not find RSA key text in PEM file.

I exported my certificate as .pem file in the macOS Keychain but it is not working in the PlayFab Game Manager.

I created this type of certificate in my Apple developer account:

iOS Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox)

Establish connectivity between your notification server and the Apple Push Notification service sandbox environment to deliver remote notifications to your app. A separate certificate is required for each app you develop.

In addition, I don't know how to use the generator in this link:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/push-notification-basics/push-notifications-for-ios

What is "Application Name"? How can I copy the complete contents of my PEM file in the text box?

I don't know how to open a PEM file.

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

As the documentation said, "Application Name" is the name of the application sending the message. And to get the content of your PEM file, you can open the PEM file with a text editor (e.g. Visual Studio Code). The content would like:

Bag Attributes
    friendlyName: Apple Push Services: com.microsoft.xxx
    localKeyID: 91 B0 CF 3C 0A 83 xx 5C 0D 4A BD 4A 58 E4 xx xx xx xx xx xx 
subject=/UID=com.microsoft.xxx/CN=Apple Push Services: com.microsoft.xxx/OU=UBF8T346G9/O=Microsoft Corporation/C=US
issuer=/C=US/O=Apple Inc./OU=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations/CN=Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIGaTCCBVGgAwIBAgIIP9OIky55U/AwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQELBQAwgZYxCzAJBgNV
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RagAB6ORtIrxf3M29fvlKTUW52fmcBGHOL1lyXJJU7W6HaUHff76m6y0g4VOJfvG
P36dkazijYXZROa1Fw==
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
Bag Attributes
    friendlyName: playfab xxxxxx
    localKeyID: 91 B0 CF 3C 0A 83 xx 5C 0D 4A BD 4A 58 E4 xx xx xx xx xx xx 
Key Attributes: <No Attributes>
-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
MIIEvgIBADANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAASCBKgwggSkAgEAAoIBAQCuAa1cKMYkLfmC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PjHuR4NDd3mKfD5x6JOXtAye8suG81Fec3sBxUICq3retlQx/ElCwKwi+rTXdiI/
W9n56+1CWQtfsxZG03ldWXdM
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.