question

joshsagarold avatar image
joshsagarold Deactivated asked

Storing a text file in playfab for one title

Hi,

What I would like to do is have a textfile stored on Playfab (per title) that can be edited from a mobile app when a user redeems an award.

Such as, user wins tournament, wins $5:

- Textfile is updated with player email, $5

Then each week I would download the textfile, make payments and then delete the contents of the textfile so it starts fresh.

So this would be one textfile that would be edited by all players when they redeem a reward, rather than storing this data per player.

How would this be achieved with current Playfab features?

Thanks

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

We recommend that you define a leaderboard to record the player's reward amount and reset it after payment. You will use CloudScript to update the player's statistic to prevent the player from cheating, more information please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript/

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joshsagarold avatar image joshsagarold commented ·

@Hernando that's not possible in my case, because I need to record the amount the user is redeeming (like 1.64), and their email address.

Yes I could store this in the player directly, but we are expecting thousands to be redeeming rewards, and we don't have time to open ever player directly, copy paste their email, go into player data, get reward amount etc.

We need to store the data in cvs format like

email,1.64

email,8.23

Someone suggested storing this in title data, which I could do, but if more than 1 user is writing to the title data field with key 'payouts' then they won't both get saved, and this is bound to happen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.