question

creative-labs-apps avatar image
creative-labs-apps asked

How do I resolve "The number of PlayFabSharedSettings objects should be 1: 0," after clicking "Upgrade to " in the Unity Editor Extension UI?

After installing the Unity Editor Extensions and SDK, I get a prompt to "Upgrade to ...". Clicking this button initiates an asset package import that finishes with the error:

Exception: The number of PlayFabSharedSettings objects should be 1: 0

Is there a way around this? I didn't notice anything in the getting started or other docs.

unity3d
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiercy avatar image fiercy commented ·

I am interested too I have the exact same problem here can't upgrade

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Yeah, our PlayFabSharedSettings object isn't perfect.

According to your error, your PlayFabSharedSettings.asset file is corrupt or missing.

First, search your Project files for anything called PlayFabSharedSettings. Do not delete any .cs script files! But, DO delete any .asset files. Their icon is a grey rectangle with a Unity symbol. If you find one, delete it, it's likely corrupt. It's also possible you just don't have one.

Now find the "PlayFab" drop-down menu, and click "Make PlayFabSharedSettings". This should create a new, un-corrupted file for you.

Search it, and select it, and you can re-set your titleId and other preferences, or you can re-set them using the PlayFabEditorExtensions, if you use that add-on.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eekolo Qwerku avatar image
Eekolo Qwerku answered

I suggest you remove all of Playfab and upgrade it manually next time. Ignore the "Upgrade to" button from now on, as that causes this issue for me every. single. time.

1 comment
10 |1200

Paul Gilmore avatar image Paul Gilmore commented ·

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to upgrade as expected. I will file a bug on the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.