question

admin-12 avatar image
admin-12 asked

Legacy Multiplayer with Standby Servers

My team's game is currently running on custom Legacy multiplayer servers, and are planning to have a tournament soon that could have a significant influx of players at once. I know that Thunderhead gives the option to have standby sessions so that a server can be readily available to pop into use at a moment's notice. I'd have to imagine that there should be a similar setup available on legacy just due to the nature of pretty much any real time multiplayer game needing to have that sort of flexibility.

I'd appreciate any direction on how I can get something like this setup because it'll be crucial for making sure the matchmaking process works in an acceptable manner.

Thanks!

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The legacy server hosting service does not support standby servers. That's specifically one of the reasons we created the newer Servers 2.0 service. Eventually, we'll be deprecating the legacy service (it will continue to work for titles using it, but we won't be onboarding new titles with it), so we will not be investing in new functionality there.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.