question

Ivo avatar image
Ivo asked

PlayFab SDK on UE 4.22?

Can anyone confirm if PlayFab SDK works on UE 4.22?

sdksunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

SDK for UE 4.22 has not been released on the Unreal market yet, you can now use 4.21 instead.

In general, our intent is to support the most recent three Unreal versions. So if no surprises, then it will update in the near future, but I can't give a timeline on when that might happen.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tim Vegter avatar image Tim Vegter commented ·

Hey, just wondering if there is any update on this? (or how to add the 4.21 SDK to 4.22 if that should work fine?)

0 Likes 0 ·
Hernando avatar image Hernando Tim Vegter commented ·

Not yet, It is still recommended that using the UE 4.21 with PlayFab SDK. 4.22 without testing and there is the possibility of occurring an unexpected issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim Vegter avatar image Tim Vegter Hernando commented ·

Ok, thanks for the update :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Karl Schmidt avatar image Karl Schmidt commented ·

Is there an update on support for 4.22?

Any update on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Karl Schmidt commented ·

Thanks for the reminder. I'm checking on it. I assume the team ran into some complications making the update.

1 Like 1 ·
Karl Schmidt avatar image Karl Schmidt Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks @Andy!

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Didn't this just launch yesterday? Give us a couple weeks to verify things. :) You're welcome to give it try and let us know if there's anything we need to look at first.

10 |1200

Tim Vegter avatar image
Tim Vegter answered

Against Hernando's recommendation but per Andy's I made some changes locally to get the plugin running in 4.22. I have not started using the plugin myself yet nor can validate if its working stable or not, but this is what I did:

1. Download the plugin from the marketplace in a 4.21 engine
  2. Copied the plugin into a project (with just a single empty C++ class so it can compile)
  3. Deleted the Binaries and Intermediate folders from the plugin
  4. Made the following code changes so it compiles for 4.22 and without errors:
    1. PlayFab.uplugin (change engine version)
      (13)	"EngineVersion": "4.22.0",
    2. PlayFabAuthenticationContext.h (added category)
      (147)	UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "PlayFab | Core")
    3. PlayFabAPISettings.h (changed initialization ordering)
    (16)
    public:
        UPlayFabAPISettings() :
    		VerticalName(PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::GetVerticalName())
    		, BaseServiceHost(PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::GetProductionEnvironmentURL())
    		, TitleId(PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::GetTitleId())
    #ifndef DISABLE_PLAYFABCLIENT_API
            , AdvertisingIdType(PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::GetAdvertisingIdType())
            , AdvertisingIdValue(PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::GetAdvertisingIdValue())
            , DisableAdvertising(PlayFab::PlayFabSettings::GetDisableAdvertising())
    #endif

5. Started the project and have it compile the plugin
2 comments
10 |1200

serglit1650 avatar image serglit1650 commented ·

So did it work? Can you use it in a 4.22 project?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim Vegter avatar image Tim Vegter serglit1650 commented ·

So far it appears to work fine, but as stated I only just started implementing PlayFab in my project so only tested a small subset of its features.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.