question

kaoe avatar image
kaoe asked

Why when I create a player show this user?

When to Register to a new account in my game, it creates two accounts, one with the symbol of Playfab(original) and another with the symbol of a doll(dont know what it is), and It bugs everything in my leaderboard

because if I logged in the account that a recently create , the ID and everything is stored in this account that was created by itself and not in the account with the PlayFab symbol!

Player Datagame manager
picture.png (48.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, that would be because you're making two separate calls, using two different methods that can create players. As a result, you've created two separate player accounts. The one with the silhouette of a person is the one you get from LoginWithCustomId, while the one with the PlayFab icon is what you get from using RegisterPlayFabUser. If you're trying to add a Custom ID to an account you created with RegisterPlayFabUser, you'll want to use the Link... API call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have tried to call some account creating related APIs like RegisterPlayFabUser, LoginWithCustomID, LoginWithFacebook. However, I cannot reproduce your issue and all of them only create single account. May I ask which API you use to create account?

I believe there is a high possibility that your code does the login/register action twice. It will be better to add some debug codes in your client around or inside the login/register part.

Also be aware that RegisterPlayFabUser will return a session ticket in the successful callback, which means if player registers successfully, the account created will be automatically logged in.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.