question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Getting started with Push Notifications and Unity and PlayFab.

Dear PlayFab community,

I've read through the documentation regarding Push Notifications and PlayFab, but there seems to be a mix of legacy and new information. I'm a bit confused as to how best to get started.

I'm using Unity for iOS and Android and would like to send/receive notifications on both platforms. Is there a PlayFab-recommended plugin for Unity to facilitate this process?

I'm confused about the Android Push Notification process and PlayFab. There are references to Google Firebase, but I'm not clear what that is or how it helps.

I'd appreciate some additional help/clarification. Thank you in advance!

unity3dPush Notificationsandroid
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

To use Push Notifications with PlayFab, please see Push Notifications for Android and Push Notifications for iOS. For Android, you will need Firebase as Google has deprecated GCM, you should use Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) now. In Unity, you can use Firebase Unity SDK. And for iOS, you can just use Unity for iOS, it does not require a plugin for basic push messages.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.