question

Scott Cameron avatar image
Scott Cameron asked

Player segment for Entity Groups?

Is there a way to create a player segment for the new Entity Groups?

I would like to run a bulk action (push notification) - executed from CloudScript - on a segment of players that are members of a particular Group.

The only way I can possibly see to do that right now is to add a Tag to the player that is the same name as the Group name; because Tag is currently available as a filter selection when creating a player segment but nothing Groups-related is available as a filter selection. It seems like Groups should be a selection for filter and not have to do this kind of workaround using a Tag.

Thanks

Push Notificationsentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's really conflating two distinct systems. Player Segmentation is based on PlayStream Event - things the players do. Groups are collections of users (teams/clans/guilds) that are self-forming based upon invitation.

You could set a Tag on a player when they join a Group, or set a Statistic, and use that as the triggering mechanism for adding the player to a Segment, but you'd have to do define a separate segment for each Group if you want them to be distinct.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott Cameron avatar image Scott Cameron commented ·

The explanation of how they are distinct systems makes sense. So I'll be using a Tag to accomplish the bulk action on the Group then. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.