question

carl avatar image
carl asked

multiply defined symbol FLogCategoryLogPlayFab in github UnrealMarketplacePlugin

Is anybody else seeing this?

I Downloaded from https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin at a35a7ba4a3c791432010007a0e68e0a9cd183d1f

The error on link is:

UE4-PlayFab.lib(Module.PlayFab.1_of_3.cpp.obj) : error LNK2005: "struct FLogCategoryLogPlayFab LogPlayFab" (?LogPlayFab@@3UFLogCategoryLogPlayFab@@A) already defined in UE4-PlayFabCpp.lib(Module.PlayFabCpp.5_of_5.cpp.obj)

I used the source at PlayFabPlugin/PlayFab

I changed the PlayFab.uplugin EngineVersion to 4.18.0 from 4.20.

I used Visual Studio 2015 for the build.

The Development Editor target compiles, the Development target fails (but see below)

Possibly because DEFINE_LOG_CATEGORY is used twice:

PlayFab\Source\PlayFabCpp\Private\PlayFab.cpp

PlayFab\Source\PlayFab\Private\PlayFab.cpp

If I remove one or the other the Development build succeeds but the Development Editor build gets an unresolved symbol.

unreal
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carl avatar image carl commented ·

Same behavior with the included ExampleProject for engine version 4.20 and 4.18. The editor builds but not the game.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, we're opening a bug with our SDK/Tools team, to dig into this. They'll follow up shortly.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Actually, they just let me know that they're aware of the issue, and it'll be fixed in the next deployment, which will be either later this week or early next week.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.