question

doronhn avatar image
doronhn asked

current level for a player - how to update this

Hey,

i am building a game with a lot of levels - 300+.

for every level (from the player point of view) i save list of two details -

1. level

2. starts

for example: [{level: 1, starts: 2}, {level:2 , stars : 3}]

in addition i save another properties of the current level of the player.

for now i save all the details in player data, is it good way to handle this?

Player DataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It depends upon your goals. Yes, you could store all of that in user data or entity data. It may be that you'll want to use the Statistics service for some of your scores, if you want to have leaderboards.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

doronhn avatar image doronhn commented ·

well,

when you think about that, i want to get this data:
which users \ friends of the user has completed the same level and how much moves it takes them to completed and how much time.

maybe the user data is not that good. is statistics service is free? and the leaderboard free also?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan doronhn commented ·

If you want to get some information across all your friends, you'll need to use things in the profile, like statistics. Otherwise, you would be trying to loop over a list of people and make API calls for each - which would generate a massive number of calls, which in turn could get your title throttled or blocked.

The leaderboards and statistics are effectively the same thing at the moment - every stat has a leaderboard. We will be adding non-leaderboard stats in a future update. And at the moment, the free tier has 25 statistics in total, so you would only be able to store some of that information there. The paid tiers have more statistics, but your plan calls for a very large number of stats. The only way that would be possible right now would be in an Enterprise tier contract, which it sounds like isn't something you'd be up for.

0 Likes 0 ·
doronhn avatar image doronhn brendan commented ·

thanks i will check statistics.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.