question

fischp avatar image
fischp asked

API Endpoints For Unity

My publisher would like to perform a stress test of certain points in my game (Login, player data updates, etc). I understand that it is unnecessary given the scaling and user load that Playfab can handle, but they seem pretty stuck on this point before I can launch.

I am using the Playfab SDK with Unity, but I need to know what the best way to simulate the API calls from my game to the Playfab backend would be so I can pass this along to the publisher for their tests.

In the docs I know that the format for the API endpoints is https://titleID.playfabapi.com/endpoint.

However, what other sort of information would they need to provide in the POST? Am I able to create a temporary authentication token or "temporary secret key" to give them to allow them to emulate the calls from my build?

apisPlayer Dataunity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Stress testing isn't supported outside our Enterprise tier, but more to the point, it's completely unnecessary, unless you're talking about stress testing components that you're operating as services for your games. Across all the games we host, the PlayFab service has over 90 million monthly active users, processes on the order of 30K RPS (both as of July 2018 - it'll be higher next month, and higher again the next, etc.), and scales up as needed. If it helps, you can provide them with the stress test results in our whitepaper (http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/api-playfab-com-craft-files/FileAssets/playfabtechnicalwhitepaper_2016.06.18.pdf), which demonstrates a test we did of 1 million concurrent players, making calls that were a match for a popular online game at the time.

If your publisher would like to talk with us directly to discuss an Enterprise tier contract, feel free to let them know they can reach out to our sales team at sales@playfab.com.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.