question

Anh Le avatar image
Anh Le asked

Advanced analytics for character / Weapon

Hi,

I'd like to get the info below using Analytics for game operation purpose:

• The winning rate for each character of the game. It is similar to what the Riot and Valve provide the info for League of Legends and DOTA 2

Ex: Character A has the best winning rate with 60%

• Same for the weapon and ability.

Ex: Sword A has 40% winning rate. Ability B has 60% winning rate.

How can I achieve that by using Playfab Analytics?

Thanks,

Anh

CharactersPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Right now, you would need to do this as a custom query on the event data for your game. You can use our Snowflake integration for that, or have the events for your game piped to you via the Webhook or Event Archive options. We will be providing more custom analytics reporting in a future update.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anh Le avatar image Anh Le commented ·

Actually, we have custom events already. Such as match_result, player_item_equiped, player_ability_equiped. But I don't know how to use them to achieve this purpose?

So, can we use the custom query of Playfab or I must use Snowflake? And how to use Event Archive for this purpose?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Anh Le commented ·

You can use those events in PlayStream to trigger actions, create user segments, etc.

For deep-dive analytics on your data (winning rates on items, etc.), you would currently need to query the data directly. Snowflake is the option I'd recommend right now, but yes, you can start getting all events going forward for your game by setting up the Analytics->Webhooks to point to your own webhook service, or by writing your events to your S3 bucket via Analytics->Event Archive.

And again, we'll be providing more options for custom reports and deep-dive analytics in a future update.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.