question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Two simultaneous UpdateUserData calls

If two UpdateUserData calls are done simultaneously, but with different keys (no overlaps), is it possible that only one of them goes through?

I'm experiencing an issue where some UpdateUserData calls seem to silently fail, and if the above is possible, it would explain the symptoms I am observing.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

comc avatar image
comc Deactivated answered

It should work correctly and it should not silently fail. If you refactor it to a single call and you are still having problems please let us know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

comc avatar image
comc Deactivated answered

Hi Brent, just for clarification, why are you doing these a multiple calls and not one single call?

1 comment
10 |1200

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

They are coming from different places in the code; one of them is updating the "last game played" field, and the other is updating the "penalties" field for player punishment.

Ideally they are merged to be one single call, but it will just require some refactoring of code. I just am trying to figure out if it is a problem that they are separate in the first place.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.