question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

DeleteUsers can block all logins from device

1. Do LoginWithAndroidDeviceID
  2. Use CloudScript with DeleteUsers (and delete that user)
  3. Do LoginWithAndroidDeviceID on same device
  4. Get empty 400 error as callback

Now if you also delete the player in the game manager, you can't even fix the profile. The device ID is eternally blocked on logging in. Using a different ID works (but impossible on Android).

I fixed it by creating an account elsewhere and then manually adding the device ID on that account. Then I could log in. Deleting that account in the game manager afterwards lets the device create a new, proper account on its own.

It is btw VERY confusing that DeleteUsers and deleting a player in the game manager do something entirely different.

Account ManagementCloudScriptgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

When you use the DeleteUsers API call, that queues the account for deletion - this takes a variable amount of time, depending on how many other player accounts are awaiting deletion in the service (there are a number of steps, to it's not instantaneous). Once it has been fully deleted, you will be able to re-use any authentication credentials you used on the account (like device IDs). If you want to immediately re-use them, you'll want to unlink them before you call DeleteUsers.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

I waited 24 hours between step 2 and 3 (next day). Does deleting take longer than that?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan drallcom3 commented ·

In the shared service, there are nearly 1,600 live titles, and even more in development. If a few large titles chose to delete a massive number of users, or several/many titles chose to delete a significant number, then yes, it could take that long or longer.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.