question

Anh Le avatar image
Anh Le asked

Some question before using Playfab for an online mobile game

Hello,

I'd like to have some questions before using Playfab for our upcoming title:

1. As I search in the community, Playfab does the daily backup for your servers. So if we have some issue with Playfab or our own custom game servers and need to rollback the data, is it possible? If we cannot rollback, how we deal with this issue?
  2. Is there any way to query (update | delete | select) a large amount of user and game data? Or we must use a dedicated server with Server API to query? If we must use this way, is there any performance impact?
  3. Do you provide dedicated database server? If yes, please share me some info.
  4. If we use your Custom Game Servers, where will it locate?
apisdataCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sure:

1. No, we backup all titles as a safety measure against disaster. That does not enable per-title rollback, as the shared service is just that - shared by all titles. We'll be providing options for rollback in the future, but for now, this would be best handled by your customer support team, using the information available in the Game Manager on the player's recent actions.

2. No, we do not provide open query access to the data tables, as that's one of the most common causes of issues with live titles. As a shared service, we have to ensure that no one title can disrupt the rest, so we write and control all queries. What I would recommend is that you post a question that specifically outlines what it is you plan to do with the Server API, to see if it will be okay.

3. Yes, we provide dedicated server hosting. There's a complete tutorial here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/custom-game-servers.

4. Wherever you choose to activate them. We provide a number of regions where you can run servers (and we'll be offering more in the near future).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.