question

shervinm avatar image
shervinm asked

Entities and Groups - Best practice for obtaining a target player's EntityKey?,Entities for Groups - Best practice for obtain target player's Entity Key?

What is the best practice for obtaining a target player's EntityKey for function calles like InviteToGroup, or RemoveMembers?

I'm currently using the client for obtaining the acting player's EntityKey (via GetEntityToken) to call to my cloudscript handlers for functions like InviteToGroup, RemoveMembers etc... on some target player...but I need their EntityKey.

Can an EntityKey of some target player be retrieved using their master_player_account id? Is there another way? Through cloudscript or client-side?

Thanks so much for your help!

Shervin

apissdksCloudScript
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shervinm avatar image shervinm commented ·

Sorry for the double posting. Not sure how to edit it out...

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

If by “target player” where they have another player’s PlayFabId (master player account), we don’t have a way to get their title player id currently. The target player would currently need to pass their title player account id in as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.