question

robertdemjan avatar image
robertdemjan asked

Custom Game Servers not stopping

Hello!

I recently found out that some of our Custom Game Servers are not stopping. They may have crashed, but since it does not go to "Archived games" section, I can't even pull logs from it. Terminating instances doesn't work, and their "Timeline" timer is not updating either.

Now I have 21 of those dead instances running, and eating the server times. Can you please look into it?

TitleID is 2ABB, all of these instances are from the "0.7.0_console" build. It's a developer build, not for public use.

Custom Game Servers
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robertdemjan avatar image robertdemjan commented ·

Just small update, have other builds stuck too. There is one build im trying to upload a new version( since its a test build too ), but cannot, because there are still running instances..

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Looking at your title, you currently have three servers in the EU running three distinct builds, and one in the US running 0.7.2b. Looking in Active Games, you have three sessions running, all with players. Terminating the session from Active Games would be the correct way to terminate an instance. It can take a minute for that to be reflected in the Active Games tab, though. If you're not getting a log file from those, that would be because the log file was not written (or not written to the correct location) before the instance was terminated.

If the issue is that you want the console builds no longer on servers, you need to deactivate the regions for those builds in the Builds tab: https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/2ABB/servers/builds

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robertdemjan avatar image robertdemjan commented ·

Yeah, 30 minutes after I wrote this message those instances I was talking about disappeared. I thought it was you fixing it.

Anyways, problem seems fixed now.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan robertdemjan commented ·

Nope - we didn't touch a thing. What do your logs show for those server executions?

0 Likes 0 ·
robertdemjan avatar image robertdemjan brendan commented ·

The logs were long gone when they finally stopped. Sadly the Archived Games sort the servers by their initial start date, not when they stopped.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.