question

jeremyswigart avatar image
jeremyswigart asked

Is it possible to have multiple titles that share the same players list?

Is there a way, given multiple titles within playfab, to configure them to all share a common set of player accounts?

By that I mean that the base accounts all exist across all the titles(with email, device associations, social media account associations, etc), but with per game event/purchase/inventory/etc data sets?

Perhaps one could make a cloud script or something that triggers when a player account is updated and mirror certain data to another title?

Player DataAccount ManagementTitle DataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Not only yes, but that's actually how the service is designed. All the login credentials live in the "core" of the PlayFab account, which is shared across all titles that have the same Publisher ID - that's effectively the namespace for your player accounts. All studios get a unique Publisher ID which is applied to all titles created in the studio.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeremyswigart avatar image jeremyswigart commented ·

Hmm. If I make a second title it shows up as having 0 players. That sort of implies that if they launched the second title, they would need to bind social media or email or whatever independently. Am I missing something?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jeremyswigart commented ·

That reflects the number of players who have signed into the title. If you sign into the first title, then sign into the second with the same credentials (any login that works in the first title), you'll see that the player account has the same PlayFab ID.

1 Like 1 ·
Ritik Agarwal avatar image Ritik Agarwal brendan commented ·

Sir, Is the upper process possible now?
If yes can you suggest me a way to do that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.