question

Jeff Sherwin avatar image
Jeff Sherwin asked

Duplicate firing of scheduled tasks?

Tonight I have had my hourly, and daily scheduled tasks firing duplicate to many times. Seems like it is a cron job? Unsure why this would happen.

But I am using these crons to issue awards for the day so multiple firing seems untenable.

any thoughts?

thank you

tasksscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, can you clarify that? An hourly Scheduled Task would run every hour. Are you saying that your Scheduled Tasks ran more than once per their scheduled times? Less?

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin commented ·

Multiple firings of the event. Here are some screen shots showing the schedule for tasks and the log of them executing more than once. DailyP2 executed 4 times and dailyP1 3 times. Hourly is showing doubles consistently.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin commented ·

yes more than they should . see screenshots below. Any ideas? Luckily am in beta so multiple rewards are not a big deal. This would be a show stopping bug for shipping i think - i guess maybe i could fire these manually but hourly seems like a huge chore. Any ideas? These had been working for months but I only noticed the multiples yesterday.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jeff Sherwin commented ·

Thanks - that's very helpful. We were indeed able to track down an issue that would cause some tasks to be run more than once. We'll be updating with a fix shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin brendan commented ·

good news! Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.