question

kevin-4 avatar image
kevin-4 asked

Unity Editor Extension window doesn't install

I tried searching the forum for this but haven't seen anyone else talk about this issue.

I'm using Unity 2017.2.0f3 on Windows 10. I downloaded the UnitySDK package from the Getting Started page (exact link: https://api.playfab.com/sdks/download/unity-v2ap). It installed into my project with no errors or even warnings when I imported, yet the Editor Extension window where we're suppose to sign in never opens. The instructions on the Getting Started page makes it seem like the window should auto-open after import and it didn't.

There's not a PlayFab option under the 'Window' tab on the top bar either. There is a 'PlayFab' tab on the top bar, however the only options underneath are Getting Started, Docs, Dashboard, and MakePlayfabSharedSettings.

If anyone has a clue as to how to address this, let me know. Or perhaps the Getting Started page is linking to an older SDK version (not sure how I can check which version this is)?

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
kevin-4 avatar image
kevin-4 answered

Caught the issue - the Getting Started page is a bit confusing with the wording, and ordering, of their links. The links provided are for the SDK itself (which I incorrectly imported) and a link to the GitHub for the Editor Extensions (which is what I thought I was importing).

Found a different page (https://api.playfab.com/sdks/unity) that's more clear with the links. Downloaded the Editor Extensions package from there and the correct window is displayed.

Would make this an answer, but the post is awaiting moderation so can't add one yet.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.