question

georgeosipov52 avatar image
georgeosipov52 asked

getting and using InternalTitleData

I have the Unity Playfab SDK installed. I'm new to it so there is a chance I'm missing lots of things but still my question is how to use InternalTitleData. The first thing I tried is to call
PlayFabServerAPI.GetInternalTitleData() in script but there is no PlayFabServerAPI class. I tried to guess that is calling server API functions is dangerous for security reasons (may be I'm wrong) so I do not understand what should I do and how to use that?

And I want to describe what I want to achieve using InternalTitleData. We want to make our first release quite soon for alpha tests. I wanted to create some keys in InternalTitleData which are used to create new accounts for our game, because we need a limited amount of players for that. So I wanted to add a "KEY" field in registration form. That key is a thing only developers can give.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Title Internal Data is only readable or writable by Server API operations. The SDK contains the Server API, and you can enable it if you're working on a project that's meant to be a custom game server or internal tool, but you are correct that it should never be enabled in any project that is used to create the client application.

You can use the Title Internal Data calls from Cloud Script, so that would be one way to check the "key" fields you want to use. Another option would be to just use the coupon code system to generate codes for an "entitlement" inventory item you give to those player (and which you then check for in your Cloud Script or custom game server code).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.