question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Can a Drop Table be configured to drop zero items?

Dear PlayFab community,

I'd like a Drop Table to potentially *not* drop an item (some small random chance). Is there any way to configure the Drop Table (or a Bundle) to effectively achieve this use-case?

If not, maybe I need to configure a CatalogItem that is effectively just a blank placeholder?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

apisIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The drop table always returns an item, but there are two ways you could do this:

1. Use EvaluateRandomResultTable in Cloud Script to get the results of a drop, and choose what to add/not add.

2. Create a "dummy" item in the catalog with a Usage Period of a few seconds. It'll be added to the player account, then be removed as it expires.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Peterson avatar image John Peterson commented ·

Thanks, Brendan! That's sort of what I figured. The idea of using a CatalogItem with a small UsagePeriod is a good one. I might explore that avenue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.