question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

How can I use my PlayFab title with Google Play Privacy policy?

From my Google Play account:

6652-bildschirmfoto-2023-12-07-um-120449.png

Privacy policy in Google Play User Data policy: Invalid privacy policy

Your app’s privacy policy does not meet necessary policy requirements. Under the User Data policy, you must link to a privacy policy on your app's store listing page and within your app. Apps that do not access any personal and sensitive user data must still submit a privacy policy.

Please add or update your privacy policy, and make sure it is available on an active URL (no PDFs), is non-editable, applies to your app, and specifically covers user privacy.

Please review the following compliance checklist for privacy policies. Your privacy policy must:

Be linked on your app’s store listing page in Play Console and within the app itself.

Hold reference to the entity (for example, developer, company) named in the app’s Google Play listing or the app.

Include a clear labeling as a privacy policy.

Include a privacy point of contact or a mechanism to submit inquiries.

Be readable in a standard browser without any plug-ins or special handlers (no PDFs).

Be available on an active, publicly accessible and non-geofenced URL.

Be non-editable.

Comprehensively disclose how your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares user data. This must include:

Disclosing the types of personal and sensitive user data your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares; and any parties with which any personal or sensitive user data is shared.

Secure data handling procedures for personal and sensitive user data.

Developer’s data retention and deletion policy.

I don't know how to write my game's privacy policy. What about my PlayFab title should I mention in my privacy policy?

I use PlayFab like this in my game:

In my PlayFab title, the player cannot delete his account, he can only log in and log out and unlink his iOS/Android device with the PlayFab API in my game. The player needs to add a login and contact email address when he creates his account. He can then use his login email address and password to log in. I don't ask for the player's real name or other personal information in my game. But the player needs to create a display name because it is automatically displayed in the leaderboards and I use the display name in the player's friends list. And the player needs to choose a country in my game, I display a list with all countries. The country doesn't need to be the player's real country, the player can choose what he wants.

Is it necessary to write additional information about my PlayFab title in the privacy policy?

In addition, my game automatically uses Visual Studio App Center for analytics and crashes. I need to know when my game crashes because I want to find and solve the problem. There is no button in my game to enable or disable Visual Studio App Center.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since we are not experts in Google Play, you may need to seek professional assistance from Google Play support team. And according to the issue details you provide, you may need to explain what data is collected (email address, display name, country selection), how it is used (for login, display on leaderboards and friends list, and game display), and that it is stored in the PlayFab title. Also, since you are using PlayFab as data manager, the Terms of Service (playfab.com) may help. In addition, it’s always a good idea to consult with a legal expert when drafting a privacy policy to ensure you’re in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.