question

Simone Gozzi avatar image
Simone Gozzi asked

[Deleted?] How do I disable Windows Defender Update? It's degrading user experience.

No reason was given for my post being deleted. So here we go again? I can only assume it was a mistake. Looking for an actual answer. The real time anti virus is disabled by PlayFab not me if there was a confusion for some reason. I just don't want the servers to update while they should be hosting my game. Any other time is fine. Anyways, here's the original message:

Hello, while my team was doing testing today we noticed that the game server was not performing as well as it should for one game and then worked well for the game after that.

I was monitoring the server when this happened and noticed that windows defender was updating itself during that time we noticed degraded service.

The weird thing is that the real time anti-virus is disabled so why does it need real time updates?

Is there a way to disable this on servers? If not, do you know of a way I can disable updates during gameplay via code?

Custom Game Serverswindows
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

It’s probably because your issue seems to be unrelated with PlayFab. One possible way is to use Group Policy to control Windows Defender update settings. Press to open the Run dialog, type , and press Enter “Win + R” “ gpedit.msc” Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Microsoft Defender Antivirus, find the update settings and modify it. You may contact the windows defender related team for further help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.