question

samirduran avatar image
samirduran asked

Accessing emails of all users

Hey PlayFab Team,

I would like to know if there is an easy way to obtain all the emails of the users registered in our game. I'm aware that we can get all the players in a certain segment or leaderboard and gather the information that way, but I would like to know if there is an easier way to allow non-tech savy members of the team to access this information.

To simplify this operation, I've also tried to create a segment of players with email linked to their account, but the segment always return 0. I've tried creating a segment with Android device with email linked as well as iOS device with email linked but both of them always return 0. I tried with PlayFab account with Email but in that case that returns 4 users (which is not possible becasue we have over 200k players and we know for certain that a big number of players have linked an email account).

I greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Player DataCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

After some research, we found the "that has email" option only works when we select the "Link User Account to PlayFab" option, and players with a login email will be counted in the segment. Please remember that players who add the PlayFab login email via Game Manager or AddUsernamePassword are not considered " Linked user account to PlayFab that has email ".

If you want to get all emails of the users registered in your game, you may call GetPlayersInSegment API with All Player segment Id to get all player’s profile, then find their login emails and contact emails (if they have one) in the PlayerProfile.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.